With hospitality businesses opening their doors to potential guests over the coming days and weeks, we are seeing a surge in demand for staycation accommodation, this includes, holiday cottages, hotel's & BnBs etc .
Airbnb has released the top 10 trending destinations for a staycation for this summer:
- Warton, Lancashire
- Duns, Scotland
- Snettisham, Norfolk
- Glastonbury, Somerset
- Rothbury, Northumberland
- Chapel Saint Leonards, Lincolnshire
- Ross on Wye, Herefordshire
- Leiston, Suffolk
- Pickering, North Yorkshire
- Guildford, Surrey
It has also revealed that:
- 80% of booking took place between 50 & 300 miles from the guests home
- 60% of bookings were 2 to 6 night stays
- 50% were made for within a month of booking
As with more easing of government restrictions, people are keen to get & about.
With rural locations ideal destinations for a staycation, as they can offer better social distancing & are easily accessible by car. This in turn provides local businesses with much needed revenue.